Join Our Family!
At Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, we are passionate about the art of great barbecue! And we are proud to be the largest barbecue franchise in the world.
Dickey's Barbecue Pit prides itself on authenticity, innovation and mouthwatering hickory-smoked barbecue. In 1941, Travis Dickey opened the first location in Dallas, Texas. Franchising began in 1994 after loyal guests and barbecue fanatics demanded more locations. Roland Dickey, Jr. became Chief Executive Officer in 2006 continuing the family tradition. As the fast-casual chain racks up recognition, the Dickey family still serves up the same quality barbecue recipes handed down for generations coupled with the same brand of southern hospitality, only on a much larger scale. The fast-casual concept has expanded to more than 500 stores in 44 states with international locations slated to open in late 2018.
What Sets Us Apart
- Legit. Texas.Barbecue: Over 77 years of experience preparing, smoking, and serving the community with our award winning barbecue menu
- Established Global Brand: Over 500+ locations, 44 states, and 8 countries
- Our Menu: High quality Texas-style meats and a variety of savory sides
- Eight Revenue Streams: Dine-in/Take-out, Catering, Online Ordering, Dickey’s App, 3rd Party Partnerships, Direct Delivery, Holiday Meals and Retail Items
- Low franchise fees and initial investment
- Protected territories and Multi-unit development
- Multiple investment types with traditional and non-traditional sites
- Turnkey business model with support before, during and after your grand opening
- Innovative IT solutions
- Support from the home office in all aspects of the business including Project Managers, Site Selection, Marketing, IT, Purchasing, Regional Support, and much more
Let’s Talk Numbers
- Franchise Fee $20,000 discounted for Veterans to $15,000
- Estimated Total Initial Investment Range $260,000 to $450,000
Traditional Building Cost Estimated * $256,360 to $443,045
Non-traditional Building Cost Estimated* $115,360 to $236,045
- Typical Dickey’s Square Footage is 1,500 square feet
- Typical Construction Timeline:4–20 weeks (Timeline may vary)
- Royalty Fee: 5% & Marketing Fund Fee: 4%
"22 years ago my father Frank purchased the first Dickey’s franchise. Today I have taken over the family business and own six Dickey’s stores. My family has always loved being a part of the Dickey’s brand and watching it grow. While a lot has changed about Dickey’s, a lot has stayed the same. Dickey’s is still a family company and I appreciate that the Dickey family is still very much involved. We still have great quality food, and we are always improving with training, communications and the store’s appearance. I am happy and successful with Dickey’s, and appreciate all the support I get from the home office. I enjoy what I do and who I do it with."
-Dale Smith, 6 locations since 1994"
Award Winning Franchise
Over the years, Dickey’s Barbecue Pit has won awards such as our most recent awards:
Top 500 Franchises 2018 (Entrepreneur)
#1 on Fast Casual Top 100 Movers & Shakers List (Fast Casual 2016)
2016 Top Franchise (Entrepreneur Franchise 500)
Consumer Picks - 1st Place Specialty Segment (NRN 2014, 2015, 2016)
QSR Best Franchise Deal (2012, 2015)
Passionate about owning a Dickey’s
Active in community
*Estimated total building cost does not include other start-up expenses (e.g. franchise fee, lease deposits, etc).
*Costs will vary for international locations